Plumbing services is one of the most crucial and important things you need take care of in your household. Even in a plumbing emergency, investigating the plumber you’re about to hire is essential. It should only take an hour or so, and could save you a lot of time, money and stress in the long run.
There are lots of great ways to get the best out of your Surrey plumbing and heating; here are those –
1. Be specific and set out a detailed, clear brief when requesting quotes – Ideally, you want to get at least three quotes from different companies. Do be warned that some plumbing companies will significantly strip back the amount of work they’ll do to offer you the lowest quote but this can result in a temporary fix to your problem and you’ll end up having to fork out more cash to fix it properly several weeks or months down the line. If a company quotes you a higher price than the others, ask why, as you may find that they are providing more time or assurances for the job.
2. Do not get the quote over the phone – Always get the best quote but make sure you are not taking the quote over the phone. Taking the quote over the phone will mislead you – and that would not be the right choice for you. There might be quite a few surprises for you when you get the quote over the phone. So it is better you should go ahead take the quote face to face.
3. Always look for the ID – There are so many plumbers out there who do not have an ID and therefore you must ask to see your plumber’s ID. The type of ID you’ll need to see will depend on the job you’re hiring them to do; for example, if you’re having a boiler inspection, you’ll need to make sure that your engineer has a Gas Safe Register ID card. That will prove they are qualified to carry out the work safely.
4. Get references – Getting references from your friends or family or anyone who has done a proper plumbing work before is very important. They can help you with the right plumbing services.
5. Only look out for established firms – It is very important that you only hire established firms. The more experience they have, the better and that will help you to get the best plumbing and heating service.